Gaitscan analyzes the way you walk, by scanning the bottom of your foot while you step across a pressure mat containing thousands of tiny sensors.
Dr. Floyd uses the information displayed in the gait and pressure analysis report to assist in a diagnosis.
How does gaitscan work?
- Scans the foot. As you walk across the pressure plate, thousands of tiny sensors capture the distribution of pressure of your foot over time.
- Maps foot pressure. From your step, the computer displays 2D and 3D visual representations of the pressure under your foot. You can see where you have too much or too little pressure.
- Prints a report. The information is then summarized in a report that can be printed for you and Dr. Floyd to see. The report findings will help Dr. Floyd evaluate your foot function and determine if the pain you are experiencing is related to faulty foot function.
- Determines the need for orthotic therapy. The information from this report will assist Dr. Floyd to determine if you need orthotic therapy.
- Data is sent to the laboratory. When it is determined that you will benefit from orthotic therapy your information is then sent securely to The Orthotic Group laboratory. From there your custom made orthotics are manufactured specifically for you and your feet.